Release note v3.7 - Nov 02, 2020
New Device Lab Management features¶
- Efficiently share devices with soft booking: The new Soft booking API allows you to use an API to book devices so that your team can better share and manage device usage.
- Added visibility around device usage and time under test: To make device sharing and management easier, you will have extra visibility around who is using devices and how long they have been using certain devices.
- Added support around backwards compatibility with iOS 14: For local device users, devices running iOS 14 can be installed on the same desktop application as devices running previous iOS versions.
- Added support for the Google Flutter Driver: We now support the Google Flutter driver for supported Android and iOS devices on both Cloud and Private devices. For iOS, we support devices running iOS12+, excluding the iPad Air. For Android, we will support devices running Android 6+.
- We now support XCUITest! iOS teams rejoice! Kobiton now offers support for XCUITest alongside our already-existing support for both Appium and Espresso.
- Brand new ADB shell: Our new ADB shell allows you to easily interact with your real Android device using ADB commands directly within your Kobiton manual test session--no complex set-up required.
New Intelligent Test Automation features¶
Intelligent Test Automation now supports hybrid and mobile-web applications: You can now use ITA to create scriptless test automation across hybrid and mobile-web applications.
New visual assertions for ITA: ITA can now catch visual differences between structural and layout changes on your real devices.
ITA’s Data Driven Testing now supports date pickers and new assertions: We have made our DDT capabilities even better, with added support for date pickers as well as adding the ability for you to raise assertions for dynamic data.
Added test actions for ITA’s Open-Appium Export: ITA’s Open-Appium Export script can now include the following test actions: Virtual Keyboard, Device Softkey, Rotate, Retry method, Check device availability.