Export Appium Script
Triggering Scriptless Automation¶
Before approaching the Appium Script Generation, you need to trigger Scriptless Automation on a manual session for preparing a script that could be executed on multiple devices. Click to see “How to trigger Scriptless Automation on Kobiton”
Exporting Appium Script¶
Important Note: The Appium Script Generation will only be available when the progress of Scriptless Automation is finished, meaning you are required to remediate any UI remediations (navigation assertions) to ensure the execution runs properly. Click to see “How to remediate UI remediations”
Step 1: Access Kobiton Session List: https://portal.kobiton.com/sessions
Step 2: Access a manual session details & download a project
|Export Appium script||The Appium script is ready to export to your local machine.|
|The Appium script is not available||The Appium script is not ready to export since the Scriptless Automation is still running or some of executions are encountered with the UI remediations.|
If you cannot see the exporting icon on a manual session details, which means that session is not qualified for Scriptless Automation. In this case, you need to create another session to trigger Scriptless Automation again.
Executing Appium Script¶
Install Java JDK 1.8 here
Install Maven (https://maven.apache.org/install.html)
Install IntelliJ IDEA (Community Edition) here
- We recommend to use the JDK 1.8 for better testing experience, any lower JDK versions might lead to an error for running the test (incapable JDK with the project package) and requires you to manually configure the link between IntelliJ and JDK
Trigger a project¶
Step 1: Open IntelliJ IDEA and open a project
Step 2: On the project directory sidebar, navigate to
The TestApp.java will be your main test case, including all generated test steps based on a manual session.
- Access Kobiton (https://portal.kobiton.com) to get your USERNAME and API KEY
- Then, update KOBITON_USERNAME and KOBITON_API_KEY in Config.java
Step 3: Run your project
Right click on the TestApp.java & select the Run ‘TestApp'
Step 4: Your project will be executed (you can view your test process at the bottom of the IDE)
You will see there are 2 devices running parallely at the same time.
Step 6: After the test finished, open the https://portal.kobiton.com/sessions to get your test results.
We know these will make you feel inconvenient and not have a good usage experience, but our team is working hard to free-up these limitations ASAP for providing a better feature for you.
- Support actions: Touch + Scroll + Set_text + Rotate + Device Softkey
- Some of our supported features like bypass OTP / bypass System pop-up / Softkey / etc. will not covered on the exported script
- Support only Native App
- If your sessions were failed by "No Device Matching" you can re-run a script again (since selected devices are not available at a point of time).
- If you deal with the Timeout issue, you could modify the timeout value of each action to adapt with the current condition.