We understand the pains a tester needs to go back and forth between tabs when reporting a bug and that’s why we have introduced this feature to enhance our Portal’s utility for our users.
Our integration automatically adds the necessary metadata about the device you are testing on like Device info, OS and OS version, Screen resolution, etc. to help you easily troubleshoot an issue.
Enable the Jira Integration
Only the account owner can have an ability to enable the feature for their members to use.
- If you disable the Jira integration, all created bugs will be kept until you enable the feature again.
- You do not have to create an organization to use this feature.
Connect to Jira
You need to provide your credentials once and we store the authentication cookie provided by JIRA.
- Don’t worry, we won’t store your credentials on our site.
There are 2 ways to provide the authentication before reporting a bug:
- In the session details
After the Jira is enabled, you will see the Jira icon in the session details, by clicking that you will redirected to Jira site to grant the permission between Jira and Kobiton.
In the Settings
Step 1: On your Portal, go to Settings
Step 2: On the Integration tab, select “Connect account” button
Step 3: Enter your Jira credentials such as your Host Name (Eg: companyname.atlassain.net), your email address registered with Atlassian and your API token. In order to get the API token, visit the Get API token
Step 4:: Now click on the “Connect Account” button
Reporting a bug¶
Once the integration of Jira with Kobiton is completed, you can start reporting an issue to Jira by just a few clicks.
Step 1: Once you find an issue in your test session, click on the Jira icon again to create a bug.
Step 2: Provide the information of the bug such as the Project under which you want to report the bug, the type of issue you want to report and the summary, etc.
In addition, we will autofill the source URL of the session details, the device information, the Operating System and its version and the resolution of the screen on which you were testing, etc.
- Step 3: After fulfilling all required fields for a bug, click on the “Create” button to report an issue to Jira.
- In the further scope, we will provide an ability to report a bug within a running manual session or on a specific test steps. Stay tuned!