Knows limitations and issues
On iOS devices, timeout error occurs due to the use of "/session/
- iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C
- iPad 2, 3, 4, mini 1
- iPod Touch 5
- Currently, Kobiton supports the removal of data history, cache data, account information and recent-viewed applications on Safari and Firefox only
- User’s activities will be limited to some extent. For example, the user is unable to set a passcode, change Wi-Fi settings, Kobiton is irresponsible to protect user's own iCloud accounts
- Long-press gesture used as Home button is inactive on iOS 10.0.x - 10.2.x
- Double-press gesture used as Home button is inactive on iOS 10.3 or later versions
- The user is unable to change Screen Settings that might potentially affect Kobiton's devices
IE 11 and Edge browser¶
- At this stage, we do not support streaming video on IE 11 and Edge browsers. It will be the main cause of increasing response time up to 11 seconds for streaming video on browsers thereof. This feature, however, works well on Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
Network Traffic Capturing¶
Network Traffic Capturing (HAR) is unavailable on Android version 4.x & 5.x.
A reboot is required to recover the device's network settings in case the device is disconnected/unplugged from host machine
If the device is unplugged during the initialization process, the device will be disconnected from the internet. A reboot or re-plug is required to connect to the internet.
High-quality native apps such as YouTube, Google Maps, Facebooks etc. cannot be accessed while network capturing is on. In regard to Android 7.x and higher, the following solution will help with internet access while network capturing is on https://developer.android.com/training/articles/security-config.html
Recent application and application data, generated during a single test session, will remain unchanged at the end of each session (both manual and automation testing).