- What is Kobiton?
Kobiton is the complete mobile device cloud platform you need to manage the devices you own and to access the real devices you want. Simple to use, easy to access from anywhere, and flexible enough to scale capacity across internal or external devices, Kobiton minimizes costs while increasing productivity. Use Kobiton to get your app to market faster.
- Who should use Kobiton?
Companies, agencies or developers who want a more integrated, comprehensive, and cost efficient platform to test their growing mobile app and web initiatives should use Kobiton. Businesses looking for more effective ways to manage the devices they own, scale capacity and increase productivity of their infrastructure can benefit from Kobiton.
- What types of applications does Kobiton support?
Kobiton supports web, native and hybrid applications for manual and automation testing.
- Does Kobiton use simulators or emulators?
No, Kobiton only uses real devices.
- Which OS version does Kobiton support?
Kobiton supports iOS versions 9.0 to 11.2 and Android versions 4.2.2 to 8.0.0.
- Does Kobiton support multiple user accounts managed under an Admin account?
Yes, an organization's admin user can invite multiple users to be part of the organization. The admin user is the only user who can add or remove users from the organization's account.
- What is the maximum app file size?
Kobiton supports application files up to 500 MB.
- Does Kobiton support automatic cleanup of my test session data on the device?
Kobiton automatically uninstalls the application at the end of each manual or automation test session. However, we don't delete data generated during the test. For example, if you log into a website and don't log out during the test, the cookie remains on the machine and the next user can log into the website.
- Can my manual or automation test session be interrupted in between active test sessions?
Yes, interruption can happen due to bad network conditions. In some cases, devices might restart before your test is completed.
- Do you track any user behavioral data from the Kobiton portal?
Yes, as a part of the Kobiton cloud, Kobiton and its service providers may collect, process, store, modify, aggregate and otherwise use statistics and other data regarding your use of the Kobiton cloud. Kobiton calls this Usage Data, and it includes information such as the number and types of devices tested, the timing and duration of tests, app storage, and so on. Kobiton owns and retains all rights in the Usage Data. Usage Data does not include your session information or the information you provide as part of registration.
- Do you store my app, tests and other files on your servers? For how long?
Kobiton automatically uninstalls tested apps after the test session. Kobiton retains test history, including session name, description, screenshots, and logs until you can cancel your account. You can delete the test session at any time.
- Does Kobiton modify my application?
On iOS devices, Kobiton re-signs your applications with the Kobiton cloud device UDID. This does not affect your original binary (.ipa). Kobiton does not modify Android applications.
- What are the available devices?
Kobiton has a large (and growing) selection of iOS and Android devices, including both older and the latest models. See the list of Kobiton devices.
- How can I select a device for testing? Can I retest on the same device?
Access all available devices via the Device Menu. You can retest on the same exact device within your organization. However, Kobiton assigns cloud devices based on your desired configuration, making it difficult to guarantee the ability to test on the same device in future test sessions.
- Can I request that a device be added to the Kobiton cloud?
Yes, open a support ticket and request the device and specific OS version you are looking for. We will fulfill requests based on demand.
- Are there any apps pre-installed on Kobiton devices?
Yes, devices can have a number of apps pre-installed by the device manufacturer or carrier.
- Can I make phone calls or send SMS from the devices?
- Can I use the device camera?
Yes, you can use the device cameras, both front and rear facing. However, due to the way the devices are mounted, images and videos may look dark and blurry.
- What are concurrent tests?
Concurrent tests for automation testing: The number of devices executing your test scripts in parallel during an automation test session.
- Are there limits to concurrent testing?
- Can I change/simulate a device's location with Kobiton?
Yes, you can change the device location on both Android and iOS devices during manual test sessions.
- Can I change a device's timezone with Kobiton?
Yes, currently you can only change the device timezone on Android devices during manual test sessions.
- Can I watch a video recording of my test session?
Yes, Kobiton automatically records a video file of every manual test session. You can watch the video inside of the Kobiton portal, or by downloading it and watching on your own player, by going to sessions > video.
- Does Kobiton have an API that allows me to integrate my testing with my CI/CD workflow?
Yes, please visit our API documentation.
- My app is Hybrid, always get timeout when finding elements on Kobiton devices, what should I do?
There are 2 contexts for Hybrid app: native + webview.
On Android v5, v6, list page source on webview is considered as native, so we can get the webview elements as native elements normally. eg:
driver.findElementByXPath("//android.widget.Button[@text='LOGIN' or @content-desc='LOGIN']").click();
On Android v7, webview elements cannot be retrieved via native context, so if your script finds the webview element while your app is still on native context => failure => timeout. In this case, just try to switch to Webview context and follow HTML elements source tree, then we can find the element appropriately. eg:
Having done that, if your app UI is loaded on Chrome, so we must switch back to Native context in order to get element
For Android v8, currently we are using appium 1.7.1, not support chrome version higher than v60 yet => switch to webview context is NOT supported as well.